Synopsis about Letitia James
|Age (As of 2024)
|Lawyer Politician Activist
Know: Letitia James Husband
Letitia James is a lawyer, activist, and politician from the United States. She’s a Democrat and the Attorney General of New York, having been elected in 2018 after Barbara Underwood. She made history as the first African-American and first woman to hold this position. Earlier in her career, she worked as a public defender, then for the New York State Assembly, and was an Assistant Attorney General in Brooklyn.
From 2004 to 2013, James was a New York City Council member, representing several Brooklyn neighborhoods. She led the Economic Development and Sanitation Committees, among others. She then served as New York City’s Public Advocate from 2013 to 2018, becoming the first African American woman to be elected to a citywide office in New York City.
In 2021, James ran for Governor of New York. She announced her campaign on October 29, but by December 9, she decided to drop out and run for Attorney General again. As Attorney General, she has been actively involved in legal actions against the Trump Organization, including civil lawsuits and supporting the Manhattan district attorney’s criminal investigation.
And she is currently 65 years old and will soon turn 66 as she was born on 18th of October back in the year 1958.
Letitia James net worth in 2024 has been estimated to reach $18 million by the end of the year and her present net worth is approximately $15 million USD according to Forbes.
To know more about Letitia James, explore the information given below.
Letitia James: An In-Depth Profile
|Letitia Ann James
Letitia James: Net Worth
|Net Worth in 2024(Estimated to reach by the end of the year)
|Net Worth (Present)
|$15 Million (According to Forbes)
|Primary Source of Income
|Salary as Attorney General of New York ($165,000 annually)$4 Million annually by Businesses, Investments and Lobbying as she is the AG of New York
|Public Service (1987 as assistant Attorney General for New York)
|First African American and first woman Attorney General of New York (2019)Championed legislation banning salary history inquiries to address the gender pay gap.Sued the Trump Organization for alleged financial fraud.Led investigation into sexual harassment allegations against former Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Letitia James, the Attorney General of New York, has been quite active legally. She’s not only seeking a hefty financial penalty against former President Donald Trump for profits allegedly gained through improper means, but she’s also taken legal action against leaders of the National Rifle Association (NRA), including its long-time head Wayne LaPierre. She accuses them of breaking state and federal laws by wrongly moving millions of dollars into their own pockets.
In the case against Trump, James argues that he should be hit with a big financial penalty and permanently banned from conducting business in New York after his business fraud trial wraps up. New York State Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron already ruled in September that Trump, his two eldest sons, and The Trump Organization committed fraud.
As the trial nears its conclusion, with closing arguments expected next week and several fraud charges and penalties yet to be determined, James is pushing for Trump to pay a substantial amount. In a recent court document, she suggested he should fork over $370 million plus interest as “disgorgement” – a legal term for returning profits made illegally. This amount is a significant jump from the $250 million initially sought in her lawsuit against Trump.
Awards and Recognitions
|Essence’s “Black Women in Power” list
|Howard University Thurgood Marshall Award
Records or Significant Career Milestones
|First woman of color elected to Citywide office in New York City
|(Public Advocate, 2013).
|Secured over $7.5 billion in settlements for New Yorkers
|Through her office.
|5′ 5″ (1.68m)
|66 Years (As of 2024)
|Date of Birth
|18th October; 1958
|Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Bachelor of Arts
|Lehman College, City University of New York
|Howard University School of Law
|Executive Education Program
|Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs
Husband & Personal Life
Social Media Profiles
|6th January; 2024
Read also:- Katt Williams Net Worth
Intriguing Facts about Letitia James
- Early Career in Legal Aid: Began her career as a public defender with the New York Legal Aid Society.
- Founder of the Urban Network: Established the Urban Network, a coalition focused on raising funds and awarding college scholarships to inner city youth.
- Role in Governor Cuomo’s Task Force: Served as chief of staff for former New York Governor Mario Cuomo’s Task Force on Diversity in the Judiciary.
- Tenure with State Assemblyman Albert Vann: Worked as Counsel for State Assemblyman Albert Vann in the New York State Assembly for a decade.
- Appointment as Assistant Attorney General: In 1999, appointed Assistant Attorney General by then-Governor George Pataki, a Republican.
- First Run for City Council: Ran for the 35th District of the New York City Council in 2001 but was defeated by James E. Davis.
- Victory in City Council Election: Won the city council seat in 2003 as a Working Families Party candidate, becoming the first third-party candidate elected in over 25 years.
- Focus on Atlantic Yards Project: Spent a significant part of her tenure in the Assembly working on the Atlantic Yards project, now known as The Barclays Center.
- Legislative Response to Broken Angel House Fire: Sponsored laws focusing on public housing code violations and safety in child day care centers following the Broken Angel House fire in 2006.
- Election as New York City Public Advocate: Elected as the Public Advocate in 2013, becoming the first African American and first woman elected to citywide office in New York City.
- Running for New York Attorney General: Decided to run for New York Attorney General in 2018 following Eric Schneiderman’s resignation.
- Victory in Attorney General Election: Won the 2018 general election for Attorney General with 61.9 percent of the vote against Republican Keith H. Wofford.
- Inauguration and Focus on Trump Lawsuits: Sworn in as the 67th Attorney General of New York on January 1, 2019, and began pursuing multiple violation lawsuits against President Donald Trump.
See Also: Leanne Morgan Net Worth
Q1. Who is Letitia James?
Ans. Letitia James is a lawyer, activist, and politician from the United States.
Q2. What is Letitia James’s current age?
Ans. Born on October 18, 1958, Letitia James is currently 65 years old and will soon turn 66 in the year 2024.
What is the current net worth of Letitia James?
Ans. The current net worth of Letitia James is $15 million USD according to Forbes.
What is the net worth of Letitia James in 2024?
Ans. The estimated net worth of Letitia James in 2024 is to reach approximately $18 million USD by the end of the year, according to her salary and other investment earnings which she get each year.
What is the height of Letitia James?
Ans. Letitia James has a height of 5 feet 5 inches which is equivalent to 1.68 meters.
Who is the Attorney General for New York City?
Ans. Letitia Ann James is the 67th Attorney General for the State of New York.