At “The Journal Bharat”, we are committed to reporting that is accurate, fair, and transparent. As part of this commitment, we adhere to a stringent Fact Checking Policy to ensure that all content shared is reliable and trustworthy.
Verification before Publication
Every piece of content published by “The Journal Bharat” goes through a rigorous fact-checking process. We make every possible effort to verify the details of the news stories we cover. This includes cross-referencing with reliable sources, reaching out to relevant experts, and where necessary, seeking confirmation from individuals or organizations involved.
Our sources are always disclosed unless there’s a significant reason to protect their identity. In such cases, we make every effort to explain our reasoning.
In the event of inaccuracies, we commit to rectifying the error and publishing corrections as soon as possible. Changes to the original content will be clearly marked and the reason for the change will be explained.
Our fact-checking process is independent. We do not accept payment, gifts, or any other form of compensation in exchange for fact-checking.
Our fact-checking process involves several steps:
- Claim Identification: We identify the key claims made in the story that need to be checked.
- Source Check: We investigate the source of the claim, as well as its history and credibility.
- Verification: We corroborate the claim against reliable, independent sources. Where possible, we consult multiple sources.
- Expert Consultation: Where appropriate, we seek the opinion of independent experts in the field related to the claim.
- Report: Once the facts are gathered and verified, a report is prepared outlining the findings and indicating the level of accuracy of the original claim.
All fact-checking is carried out by a team of trained fact-checkers and is reviewed by a senior editor before publication. In the event of a disagreement or uncertainty, the matter is escalated to the Editor-in-Chief.
If you have any questions about our Fact Checking Policy, or if you believe that an article of ours requires fact-checking, please reach out to us at email@example.com.