Email has become a popular communication medium. From formal invitations to casual correspondence, everything happens there. But one thing our inbox can’t avoid is marketing emails. Filled with details to attract audiences, all such material is designed to gain the reader’s attention and convince them to perform the desired action. Building them, however, is not as easy as you think. There is a lot that goes into a click-worthy email and in this blog, we are sharing all the tricks you need to refine your emailing strategy. Let’s get started!
Hook Them with a Strong Subject
Let’s paint a picture; you have a strong connection like Charter Spectrum or another popular brand, a sturdy email body, and a great offer. But your subject line is rather dull. That would render all the previous strong points useless because your emails are likely to be ignored. A strong subject line is what draws the receiver in. Appealing subject lines that either unveil the purpose or hit a relevance point have a higher chance of being opened. Since it’s the first thing a user sees, you need to pour at least 50% of your total effort into this.
Define Market and Audience
Which people are you sending it to? How often will these emails be sent? How long will the campaign last? And more. Ask yourself all these questions before you even start designing the emails. Extensive and committed market research tells you all that matters. From the competition to the potential clientele, you can find intel on everything. When you are familiar with the trends and the industry, you can build a better approach, publish it in the right places, and keep an eye on all the necessary metrics. Simply jumping into the game without studying your opponents and the rules, you are bound to lose a lot of time and money.
Know More: Krutrim AI vs. ChatGPT and GPT-4
Build a Reliable Email List
This comes after the research, there are many tools you can use to build a custom email list. Remember, at least 90% of receivers on this list should have a high probability of at least opening your emails. If the remaining 10% consists of negative experiences, the other section should be able to cover it. There are also ways to purchase a list but that’s usually considered a shallow and costly way of doing the work. Instead, you can utilize organic guides for collecting data and making an email list out of it.
Include Visuals and CTA
From GIFs to images to videos and gift coupons, there is a huge variety of email integrations that increase value and convince receivers. Bland emails will not just lead the traffic away from your website but can also land you in a dreaded sender list. That’s not what we want. We want to create vibrant, appealing, and purposeful emails that can help achieve goals. A reader won’t be naturally motivated to perform the desired action, you need to build something that will make them click and follow the link to your targeted pages. Call-to-action texts and powerful visual elements can create the perfect atmosphere for readers and yield the results you need.
Plan and Automate
Everything needs to be planned; which colors you will use? Which format you will choose? Where will the CTA be placed? Etc. You need a bird’s eye view of the campaign in mind before you start executing it. Carefully craft the plan with dates, curation tools, and end goals. Afterward, try to schedule things via automation tools so you won’t be bound by the commitment of sending. Automation can be really useful when you don’t have time to send and still want the delivery to be punctual. It’s great for setting impressions and giving you a window to fit in other tasks.
Optimizing for Phone and Desktop
Your emails should be smartly designed so every aspect of the structure is visible to the receiver. Desktop versions are engaging and effective but mobile versions will help you target more people without much effort. If you are using a professional designing tool, curate the interface with both versions in mind. A smart advertisement caters to all clients and is mindful of what people might or might not want to see in their inbox.
Personalize and Engage
You will be sending a lot of emails of varying categories; welcome aboard, new offers, cart updates, terms and conditions, seasonal discounts, etc. With all these ideas in mind, you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment and engage with people. Include all the details that can give a custom touch to your content. From user anniversaries to exclusive discounts, all types of emails should be planned and scheduled. User retention is super important because not only will it help you keep old customers but also attract new ones smartly. And retention is best achieved by creating something special and highly personalized.
Conduct A/B Testing
From design changes to content tweaking and subjects, create an A/B routine for all your email campaigns. The first rule of experimentation is that you allow at least one version to do better. By making noticeable yet smart differences, you can measure the response and know which one has a better chance of landing the audience. Always create two formats to go with and fill them with information that can appeal to potential and existing clients. In emails, the key isn’t to cram but rather to create intuitive material.
Track and Monitor
Most people aim to measure the results through their targeted links. Which is not the best strategy. Trace a user’s journey to know how engaged they were and how far they come to taking the desired step. Monitoring even failed attempts is important as it highlights room for improvement. Track the results as the campaign goes on instead of measuring it all at the end. You can refine some techniques indirectly while a campaign is live and generate profitable results. Publishing a campaign and then abandoning it is the worst thing you can do.